Volunteer Information Sessions are offered at various times throughout the year in locations throughout our multi-county service area. We recommend anyone who is interested in becoming a volunteer attend a one-hour session to learn more about the many ways to volunteer (register here
Please complete a volunteer application
prior to attending an information session. (If you would prefer not to register for an information session online, you may register via email or via phone to Volunteer Services at 919-828-0890.)
We invite you to explore the opportunities to volunteer with Transitions LifeCare. We'll need the following:
- Completed application
- Two written references
- Criminal, motor vehicle and sexual predator background check
- Signed Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Statement form
- Completion of volunteer training
- TB test or chest x-ray with negative results
- One year commitment of approximately four volunteer hours per week
Note: A person who is grieving a loss may be deferred from direct patient assignments for a period of one year.
Interviews and training for volunteer positions are offered frequently. If you need information not found on this website, email
our Volunteer Services Department or call 919.828.0890.