Municipal & Community Affairs Council
Chair: Col. Retired Rich Brown
We are committed to creating, promoting and advocating for the interests of our members to help the local business community grow and prosper. Our committee works closely with member businesses, State, County, Local government, and community organizations. The Fuquay-Varina Chamber Municipal and Community Affairs Council and its members strive to make stakeholder interaction more accessible and business friendly.
We seek to strengthen our community through education and support, while promoting economic growth, environmental welfare and elevated quality of life for everyone. We work to identify and support legislative and regulatory issues that serve the interest of Chamber members and the business community. The Committee also reviews specific business development issues and/or challenges that are brought to their attention by member businesses. This group also partners with neighboring Chambers of Commerce to help stimulate the economic environment of our region.
- Planning for growth to continue to foster a vibrant and sustainable economic environment for our region
- Long-term investment in our community
- Growing and maintaining a thriving business community
- Collaboration by, with, and through all stakeholders
The Fuquay-Varina Chamber Municipal and Community Affairs Council works to identify and support legislative, regulatory and developmental matters that promote the foundation of a healthy economic climate.
The Council uses the following guiding principles when taking positions on legislative matters:
- Maintain growth in a way that will foster a vibrant and sustainable town
- Advocate for the interests of a thriving business community
- Continued, long-term investment in our local businesses
The Chamber’s relationship with the Town is one of mutual respect, collaboration, and civility. This group also partners with neighboring Chambers of Commerce to help stimulate the economic environment of our region as a whole.